I am the world’s greatest procrastinator with the longest list of excuses.
Here are just a few reasons why I haven’t blogged lately.
1. My computer cord died seven months ago.
2. My computer battery died 10 months ago.
3. I steal my daughter’s computer cord to use for my computer then she swipes it, then my computer dies, then I yell at her for taking her cord, then we play tug of cord for a bit, then I win, then I plug my computer back in and it takes seven-billion-hundred-trillion-jillion-manillion minutes for my computer to start up. Then I’m too DAMN tired to blog!!!
4. I finally bought a new cord and battery. My daughter will be very happy and now she can move out and go to college next year because I don’t need her computer cord. But, that’s not an excuse for not blogging I just wanted to let you all know that I actually got around to checking off that inconvenience.
5. My camera which is loaded with photos from St. Louis is waaaaaaaaaaay over there on the kitchen counter. And I don’t see anyone volunteering to go over there and get it for me.
6. Chances are, I will misplace my camera the moment I feel like loading photos on my computer. I’ve experienced this so many times that now I just expect it, so I don’t bother with even trying.
7. I am entrenched with saving money. I can’t get enough research on ways to save. The amount of money I’ve saved on school supplies is astonishing to me. Why haven’t I been doing this for years? Because me got stupid head, but now me smart.
8. I watched the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. Now I am all about the juicing. I have arranged to borrow a juicer from a friend for two weeks. Beginning August 1st I will start juicing. This little thing has me quite distracted. And I’ve spent a fair amount of time gently convincing my family that we are going to do this.
11. I hurt my neck. I don’t know how, but I can’t move it to the right or the left. I really just want you to feel sorry for me.
12. I have slept on my ears wrong for the past three nights. Do you know what I mean? Clay thinks it is ridiculous when I whine, “Oh…my ears, I slept on them wrong. Ow, ow, ow, ow.” I have done this for as long as I can remember. It feels a bit like a dog has chewed on my ears and they throb, then they calm down and I go back to sleep.
13. I spent most of today diminishing my email inbox to a mere 35 unanswered emails down from 158. My first goal was to get it under 100 and then I decided to get it to 50. So, I’m pretty happy that I’m at 35. However, now I don’t want to look at my email for a very long time.
12. I have been reading a fascinating book Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton. I really enjoyed this book unfortunately I was reading it while fighting severe sleep deprivation. I would read ten pages then sleep, wake up, read, sleep, read, sleep, read, sleep. Basically, it took me a month to read this book and I’ve never taken so many cat naps in my life. Which is one more reason I need to juice, so I can get some dang sleep. The book is all about the life of collecting antiques, selling them, the market that surrounds buying and selling and the life style of the buyers and sellers. Curt Avery is the main character of the book that Maureen follows around to countless shows in northeast for the good part of 6 years as he buys and sells early American historic pieces like red ware, yellow ware, sandwich glass, pilgrim chests and more. The best thing about the book is how much history Stanton shares like when Avery finds a Shaker piece for $90. Stanton launches into the history of the Shakers. I had no idea the cult was started by a woman and that only four people survive today. After Curt Avery researches his Shaker piece he ends up selling is for thousands of dollars. I feel like I should throw away all the cheap decorations in my house. You will too after you read this book.
*And now for a little surprise just because you came and read this post. I am going to give away four Killer Stuff and Tons of Money books. If you would like a chance to have one of the four, leave a comment and I’ll randomly choose four winners tomorrow at a random time. Like how I don’t say a certain time? Because I don’t know. And my neck hurts. And I might sleep on my ears wrong which will cause me to sleep late and then I might not be able to find my computer which I’m leaving on the table, but still…I might not be able to find it. And life is just so distracting, isn’t it?
Contest is now closed, winners will be announced momentarily. Thanks for entering!
I hope you can join us for a bit Sunday, July 17th at 7:00pm.
My oldest son is convinced no one will come, so to help I have prizes for the first five people that come, shake my hand and call me Chicken Doctor. If you’re in the area and have time to come out and meet us we would love to see the beautiful faces of the folks that read this silly blog.
ps. I’ll have a cooler of ice water to share, from my stock pile of course!