So back to the Barftastic Weekend. This is my friend Melanie, she and her family came to visit us for the weekend. She’s one of the things I miss most about St. Louis. When she sent me this photo I couldn’t stop laughing because it says so much about us…let’s talk about it.
1. What do you notice first? Could it be that big pink scarf? I’m just wondering.
2. At some point I’ll need to take Ellen to the doctor to have her jaw realigned.
3. Yes, the evil looking chick that popped into the photo is Ellen.
4. Melanie had to wear that stocking cap because she didn’t want to wash her hair…I love her for that.
5. Her daughter is poking her little face into the photo and I hope that she and Ellen will be really good friends someday, they have about the same age difference as Melanie and I.
6. The night before this photo was taken I was puking up shell fish, beer and a spinach salad, I’ve never experience anything quite so uh…barftastic.
7. I am ten years older than Melanie.
8. I appointed Melanie as the official mentor to my daughter and she takes that job very seriously and I love her for that.
9. Melanie sends my daughter sweet messages laced with humor and pearls of wisdom.
10. Melanie has bought me a mop and made me laundry detergent and she’s mopped my floor and done my laundry.
11. I’ve cleaned out her freezer and redecorated her shelves.
12. She’s the cheapest person I know and probably the most generous.
13. She posted this video on facebook and I watched it while I was talking to her on the phone and now I can’t stop saying , “Welcome to Canada!”
Fast Tube by Casper