Sixteen months give or take a few weeks. That’s how long we’ve been doing this Damn Ramsey thing. Have I mentioned how hard it is? Have I mentioned that sometimes it’s a lot of fun? But most of the time it sucks big time. The budget, the restraint, the saying NO to everything, the giving up this and that and the stinkin’ envelopes!
at some point all that hard work and sacrifice pays off. That’s when you can start to celebrate a little.
And by celebrate I mean you go to Sonic and everyone gets a milkshake even though you really want a steak dinner and a nice bottle of wine.
We paid off our first debt. That red truck is now officially ours. We paid it off a little early too. Which was a really good thing because….
our mortgage payment went up quite a bit. Wow, Debbie Downer, man. Hey Clay! Stop your gosh darn bouncin’ around and get back to work Dude, we got bills to pay!
Here’s what we’ve done in those sixteen months.
1. Started writing a budget for every month.
2. Implemented the envelope system.
3. Saved $1000 for an emergency fun.
4. Used the emergency fund 4 times
5. Refunded that emergency fund and bumped it up a bit.
6. Paid down debt, concentrating on any extra money going to the truck.
7. Paid off the stinkin’ truck.
One down…more to go.